Point heating systems for the new railway section Karlsruhe – Basel
- Project period: 2009 – 2013
- Location: Germany
- Product category: Point heating systems
For a maximum availability of the points during the wintry weather conditions, SCHALTBAU PINTSCH ABEN delivered the electrical point heating system to the new railway section Karlsruhe-Basel. This section is part of the most important European freight corridor between Rotterdam and Geneva.
In section 9, where the stations Schliengen and Haltingen are located, three point heating stations were build up. The stations have a total power output of 310 kVA to heat up 16 high-speed points. The systems’s core are the intelligent low voltage distributors, whose control and diagnostic concept stand for a high level of energy efficiency and excellent ease of maintenance and operation. The connection of the systems to the points heating server to the operations center Karlsruhe allows a location-independent, transregional visualization, evaluation, and parameterization of all operating data.
The total facilities include the following functional units:
- installed heating devices at the point’s rail profiles
- intelligent low voltage distributors (INSV) to control and monitor the point heatings with the remote connection to the operator
- PA LINE WEB visualization system for location-independent monitoring of the operating data